What's MIT like?
If you're looking for the perfect area to explore, consider MIT. Take time to see places such as Kendall Square and Stata Center while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Hart Nautical Galleries at MIT and Compton Gallery.
How to get to MIT
MIT is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Cambridge.
- Logan International Airport (BOS), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from MIT
- Boston, MA (BNH-Boston Harbor Seaplane Base), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from MIT
- Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from MIT
Things to see and do in and around MIT
What to see in MIT
- Boston University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Kendall Square
- Stata Center
Things to do in MIT
- Hart Nautical Galleries at MIT
- Compton Gallery
- List Visual Arts Center
- Entrepreneur Walk of Fame
- Cambridge Center Roof Garden
When is the best time to visit Cambridge?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 1°C)
- Rainiest months: March, November, October, December (average 102 mm of rainfall)