What's Southwest Raleigh like?
If you want to find the perfect area to explore, consider Southwest Raleigh. While you're here, you can spend a relaxing day at Pullen Park and J.C. Raulston Arboretum. There's plenty more to see, including J.S. Dorton Arena and North Carolina State Fairgrounds.
How to get to Southwest Raleigh
Southwest Raleigh is located 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the heart of Raleigh.
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from Southwest Raleigh
Things to see and do in and around Southwest Raleigh
What to see in Southwest Raleigh
- North Carolina State University
- J.S. Dorton Arena
- William Neal Reynolds Coliseum
- Gov. James B. Hunt, Jr. Horse Complex
- Carter Finley Stadium
Things to do in Southwest Raleigh
- North Carolina State Fairgrounds
- J.C. Raulston Arboretum
- WRAL Azalea Gardens
- Kentwood Park
- Theatre in the Park
Other popular Southwest Raleigh attractions
- Pullen Park
- PNC Arena
- Lake Johnson
- Historic Yates Mill County Park
- Dorothea Dix Park