What's Mount Dandenong like?
While in Mount Dandenong, you can spend time at the gardens and waterfront. Nature lovers can visit William Ricketts Sanctuary and SkyHigh Mount Dandenong. There's plenty more to see, including Dandenong Ranges National Park and Dandenongs.
How to get to Mount Dandenong
Mount Dandenong is located 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 29.7 mi (47.9 km) from Mount Dandenong
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from Mount Dandenong
Things to see and do in and around Mount Dandenong
What to see in Mount Dandenong
- SkyHigh Mount Dandenong
- Dandenong Ranges National Park
- Singleton Reserve
- Rainbow Gully Reserve
Things to do near Mount Dandenong:
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Cloudehill Nursery and Gardens (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Puffing Billy Steam Train (4.9 mi/8 km away)
- Dandenong Ranges Botanic Gardens (1.3 mi/2.2 km away)
- Tesselaar's Bulbs and Flowers (4 mi/6.4 km away)
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 11°C)
- Rainiest months: August, October, November, September (average 87 mm of rainfall)