What's Port Taranaki like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of town to visit, consider Port Taranaki. While you're here, you can spend a relaxing day at Pukekura Park and East End Reserve. There's plenty more to see, including Back Beach and Centre City Shopping Centre.
How to get to Port Taranaki
Port Taranaki is located 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the heart of New Plymouth.
- New Plymouth (NPL), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from Port Taranaki
Things to see and do in and around Port Taranaki
What to see in Port Taranaki
- Back Beach
- Pukekura Park
- Fitzroy Beach
- Oakura Beach
- Lake Mangamahoe
Things to do in Port Taranaki
- Centre City Shopping Centre
- Brooklands Zoo
- New Plymouth Golf Club
When is the best time to visit New Plymouth?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, September, June (average 12°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, September (average 226 mm of rainfall)