What's Newstead like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Newstead? Places such as Launceston Aquatic Centre and Princess Theatre are just a little farther away. City Park and Brisbane Street Mall are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Newstead
Newstead is located 1.2 mi (2 km) from the heart of Launceston.
- Launceston, TAS (LST), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from Newstead
Things to see and do in and around Newstead
Things to see near Newstead:
- City Park (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Royal Park (1.6 mi/2.5 km away)
- University of Tasmania Stadium (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Cataract Gorge (2 mi/3.3 km away)
- Silverdome (2.4 mi/3.8 km away)
Things to do near Newstead:
- Launceston Aquatic Centre (1 mi/1.6 km away)
- Princess Theatre (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Brisbane Street Mall (1.2 mi/2 km away)
- Queen Victoria Museum (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Penny Royal Adventures (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit Launceston?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 16°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 8°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, September, June (average 70 mm of rainfall)