What's Walker-In-the-Hills like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, why not consider Walker-In-the-Hills? Take time to see the sights such as Nantahala National Forest while you're here. Blue Ridge Parkway Balsam Entrance and Wheels Through Time Museum are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Walker-In-the-Hills
Walker-In-the-Hills is located 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the heart of Waynesville.
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), 30.8 mi (49.5 km) from Walker-In-the-Hills
Things to see and do in and around Walker-In-the-Hills
Things to see near Walker-In-the-Hills:
- Nantahala National Forest (32 mi/51.4 km away)
- Blue Ridge Parkway Balsam Entrance (1.1 mi/1.7 km away)
- Wheels Through Time Museum (4.2 mi/6.8 km away)
- Waterrock Knob (3.3 mi/5.4 km away)
- Smoky Mountain Jumphouse (1.5 mi/2.5 km away)
Things to do near Walker-In-the-Hills:
- Maggie Valley Festival Grounds (4.4 mi/7.1 km away)
- Tube World (4.9 mi/7.9 km away)
- Barber Orchard Fruitstand (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- Stompin' Ground (4.3 mi/6.8 km away)
- Maggie Valley Opry House (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
When is the best time to visit Waynesville?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, March (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, September (average 110 mm of rainfall)