What's Hawaii Island like?
Where are the best places to stay in Hawaii Island?
Here are our travelers' top 5 places to stay in Hawaii Island:
Hale 'Ohu Bed & Breakfast, in VolcanoAdults-only B&B within walking distance of Cooper Center
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Garden • Central location
Ohana with Pool and Ocean Views close to Airport and Kailua Town, in Kailua-KonaKailua-Kona property with private pool, kitchen
- Garden • Comfy beds
Old Hawaiian B and B, in HiloRiverfront B&B within easy reach of Rainbow Falls
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Terrace • Walkable location
At the Crater's Edge – Adults Only, in VolcanoAdults-only guesthouse within easy reach of Volcano Garden Arts
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Spa tub • Terrace • Central location
Hilton Grand Vacations Club Kings’ Land Waikoloa, in WaikoloaFamily-friendly hotel with pool bar, near Waikoloa Kings Golf Course
- Free parking • Restaurant • 2 outdoor pools • 2 spa tubs • Family friendly
What is there to see around Hawaii Island?
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (18.8 mi/30.3 km from the city center)
- Mauna Kea (15.7 mi/25.2 km from the city center)
- Kilauea (20.7 mi/33.2 km from the city center)
- Magic Sands Beach (29.2 mi/47 km from the city center)
- University of Hawaii at Hilo (29.6 mi/47.6 km from the city center)
What is there to do around Hawaii Island?
- Pu'u 'O'o Trailhead (11 mi/17.6 km from the city center)
- Subaru Telescope (15.8 mi/25.4 km from the city center)
- Volcano Winery (18.9 mi/30.5 km from the city center)
- Volcano Golf and Country Club (19.7 mi/31.8 km from the city center)
- Ka'u Coffee Mill (25.3 mi/40.8 km from the city center)
Other Popular Hawaii Island Attractions
- Hapuna Beach State Park
- Mauna Kea Beach
- Mauna Loa
- Mauna Kea Observatory
- Volcano House