What's Cardiff like?
Cardiff is a family-friendly part of town where you can spend time visiting the shops. Visit places such as Blackbutt Reserve and The Lake Macquarie Variety Playground when you venture just outside the neighbourhood. Charlestown Square and Westfield Kotara are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Cardiff
Cardiff is located 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the heart of Newcastle.
- Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 14.3 mi (23 km) from Cardiff
Things to see and do in and around Cardiff
Things to see near Cardiff:
- Blackbutt Reserve (2.5 mi/4 km away)
- The Lake Macquarie Variety Playground (2.5 mi/4.1 km away)
- University of Newcastle (4.4 mi/7.1 km away)
- Newcastle International Sports Centre (4.4 mi/7.1 km away)
- Dudley Beach (4.8 mi/7.7 km away)
Things to do near Cardiff:
- Charlestown Square (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
- Westfield Kotara (3.1 mi/5.1 km away)
- Newcastle Showground (4.9 mi/7.9 km away)
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery (3.2 mi/5.2 km away)
- Newcastle supa putt golf (5 mi/8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Newcastle?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: February, November, January, March (average 89 mm of rainfall)