What's Ipanema Like?
There's a lot visitors like about Ipanema, especially its bars and beach access. Collect beach glass at top spots like Copacabana Beach and Ipanema Beach. Other popular sights worth a visit include Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Ipanema?
We have 495 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are our travelers' favorite lodging options in Ipanema:
Ipanema InnSuburban hotel with restaurant, bar
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Atlantis Copacabana Hotel3-star hotel with outdoor pool
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Steam room • Rooftop terrace • Central location
Arena Ipanema Hotel4-star hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Steam room • Fitness center • Central location
Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro5-star beachfront hotel with spa, outdoor pool
- Free beach cabanas • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • Central location
Beach House IpanemaHostel with outdoor pool, bar
- Free WiFi • Terrace • Garden • 24-hour front desk • Snack bar
How to Get to Ipanema
Ipanema is located 5.6 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from Ipanema
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from Ipanema
- Rio de Janeiro (RRJ-Jacarepaguá-Roberto Marinho), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from Ipanema
Getting to Ipanema on Metro
Stations in the neighborhood include:
- Nossa Senhora da Paz Station
- Ipanema-General Osorio Station
Things to See and Do in and around Ipanema
What to See in Ipanema
- Copacabana Beach
- Ipanema Beach
- Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach
- Posto 9
- Praca General Osorio