What's Old City Like?
People go to Old City to see favorite places like Hagia Sophia, and to take in culture at top venues like Topkapi Palace. Take time to enjoy the neighborhood's museums and selection of cafes. Grand Bazaar and Blue Mosque are a couple of popular sights sure to leave an impression.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Old City?
We have 1010 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are some of our travelers' top places to stay in Old City:
Bram Hotel IstanbulCity-center hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Terrace • 24-hour front desk
Marius HotelHotel with restaurant, bar
- Free WiFi • Cafe • 24-hour front desk
Henna Hotel IstanbulHostel with restaurant, bar
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Rooftop terrace • 24-hour front desk • Walkable location
Burckin SuleymaniyeHotel with restaurant, bar
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Rooftop terrace • Garden • 24-hour front desk
AJWA SultanahmetLuxury hotel with spa, indoor pool
- Free valet parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • Walkable location
How to Get to Old City
Old City is located 0.5 mi (0.9 km) from the heart of Istanbul.
- Istanbul Airport (IST), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from Old City
- Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Intl. Airport (SAW), 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from Old City
Traveling to Old City by Train
You'll find the following train stations in the neighborhood:
- Sirkeci Marmaray Station
- Istanbul Cankurtaran Station
- Vezneciler Subway Station
Getting to Old City on Metro
Stations in the neighborhood include:
- Cemberlitas Station
- Sultanahmet Station
- Gulhane Station