What's Katsura like?
If you want to find the perfect part of town to visit, look no further than Katsura. Top places in the larger area to visit include Kawaramachi and Kiyomizu Temple. Katsura Imperial Villa and Nishikyogoku Athletic Stadium are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Katsura
Katsura is located 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the heart of Kyoto.
- Osaka (ITM-Itami), 19.8 mi (31.8 km) from Katsura
Things to see and do in and around Katsura
Things to see near Katsura:
- Kiyomizu Temple (4.7 mi/7.6 km away)
- Katsura Imperial Villa (0.5 mi/0.8 km away)
- Nishikyogoku Athletic Stadium (1.2 mi/2 km away)
- Saihoji Temple (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
- Suzumushi-dera Temple (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
Things to do near Katsura:
- Kawaramachi (4.1 mi/6.6 km away)
- Aeon Mall Kyoto (1.8 mi/3 km away)
- Kyoto Railway Museum (2.3 mi/3.8 km away)
- Shijo Street (2.4 mi/3.8 km away)
- Toei Kyoto Studio Park (2.6 mi/4.1 km away)
When is the best time to visit Kyoto?
- Hottest months: August, July, September, June (average 26°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 7°C)
- Rainiest months: July, June, August, May (average 113 mm of rainfall)