What's Lapa like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, look no further than Lapa. Take time to see places such as Selarón Steps and Arcos da Lapa while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro and Praca da Cruz Vermelha.
How to get to Lapa
Lapa is located 0.6 mi (1 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from Lapa
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 1 mi (1.6 km) from Lapa
Things to see and do in and around Lapa
What to see in Lapa
- Selarón Steps
- Arcos da Lapa
- Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro
- Praca da Cruz Vermelha
Things to do near Lapa:
- Circo Voador (0.2 mi/0.3 km away)
- Municipal Theater (0.5 mi/0.9 km away)
- Museum of Modern Art (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Museum of Tomorrow (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- AquaRio (1.6 mi/2.5 km away)
When is the best time to visit Rio de Janeiro?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 22°C)
- Rainiest months: January, December, March, February (average 170 mm of rainfall)