What's Zamalek Like?
In Zamalek, you can spend time checking out the museums, cafes, and historical sites. Learn about local heritage at top landmarks like Giza Pyramid Complex. There's plenty more to see, including Zamalek Art Gallery and Egyptian Museum.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Zamalek?
We have 34 accommodations in the neighborhood. Listed below are our travelers' favorite lodging options in Zamalek:
Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam CasinoLuxury hotel with 14 restaurants, 5 bars
- Free WiFi • Spa • Steam room • 24-hour health club • 3 cafes
Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences4-star hotel with 4 restaurants, spa
- Free WiFi • Lazy river • Outdoor pool • Steam room • Health club
New President HotelHotel with restaurant, bar
- Free WiFi • Fitness center • 24-hour front desk
The President Hotel Cairo3-star hotel with spa, restaurant
- Free valet parking • Free WiFi • Fitness center • Bar • 24-hour front desk
Om Kolthoom Hotel & Tower4-star hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
- Free WiFi • Sauna • 2 cafes • Fitness center • 24-hour front desk
How to Get to Zamalek
Zamalek is located 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the heart of Cairo.
- Cairo Intl. Airport (CAI), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from Zamalek
- Giza (SPX-Sphinx Intl.), 20.1 mi (32.4 km) from Zamalek
Things to See and Do in and around Zamalek
What to See in Zamalek
- Giza Pyramid Complex
- Talaat Harb Street
- Tahrir Square
- American University of Cairo
- Cairo University
Things to Do in Zamalek
- Zamalek Art Gallery
- Egyptian Museum
- Khan el-Khalili
- City Stars
- City Centre Almaza Shopping Mall