What's Haymarket Like?Visitors really like Haymarket, especially its Chinatown, waterfront, and shops. Enjoy this family-friendly neighborhood's theater scene and selection of cafes. Take in some culture at Capitol Theatre and Chinatown Night Market. There's plenty more to see, including Paddy's Market and Market City.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Haymarket?
We have 71 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are our customers' favorite places to stay in Haymarket:
Novotel Sydney Central4-star hotel with restaurant, bar
- 24-hour fitness center • Cafe • Terrace • Garden • Central location
The Pod Sydney2-star hostel
- Free WiFi • Central location
Great Southern Hotel SydneyArt Deco hotel with restaurant, bar
- 24-hour front desk • Central location
The UltimoCity-center hotel
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Walkable location
Valentine On GeorgeUpscale hotel with restaurant
- Free WiFi • Cafe • Central location
How to Get to HaymarketHaymarket is located 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the heart of Sydney.
- Sydney Airport (SYD), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from Haymarket
Getting to Haymarket on MetroStations in the neighborhood include:
- Capitol Square Light Rail Station
- Central Light Rail Station
- Paddy's Markets Light Rail Station
Things to See and Do in and around Haymarket
What to See in Haymarket
- Castlereagh Street
- University of Technology Sydney