What's Kingsknowe like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, look no further than Kingsknowe. Take time to see the sights such as Water of Leith Visitor Centre while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Edinburgh Castle and Edinburgh Zoo.
How to get to Kingsknowe
Kingsknowe is located 3.7 mi (6 km) from the heart of Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh Airport (EDI), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from Kingsknowe
Things to see and do in and around Kingsknowe
Things to see near Kingsknowe:
- Edinburgh Castle (3.2 mi/5.1 km away)
- Royal Mile (3.7 mi/5.9 km away)
- Napier University (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
- Murrayfield Stadium (1.9 mi/3 km away)
- Edinburgh Park (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
Things to do near Kingsknowe:
- Edinburgh Zoo (2 mi/3.2 km away)
- Edinburgh Corn Exchange (0.9 mi/1.4 km away)
- FountainPark (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
- Gyle Shopping Centre (2.5 mi/4 km away)
- Usher Hall (3 mi/4.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Edinburgh?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 15°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, June, October (average 121 mm of rainfall)