What's Machans Beach like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, look no further than Machans Beach. Nature lovers can visit Great Barrier Reef and Crystal Cascades & Lake Morris. Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens and Smithfield Shopping Centre are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Machans Beach
Machans Beach is located 5 mi (8 km) from the heart of Cairns.
- Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from Machans Beach
Things to see and do in and around Machans Beach
What to see in Machans Beach
- Great Barrier Reef
- Crystal Cascades & Lake Morris
Things to do near Machans Beach:
- Smithfield Shopping Centre (3.9 mi/6.3 km away)
- Cairns Performing Arts Centre (4.7 mi/7.6 km away)
- Esplanade Lagoon (4.9 mi/7.8 km away)
- Cairns Night Markets (4.9 mi/7.8 km away)
- Tanks Arts Centre (3 mi/4.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Cairns?
- Hottest months: January, December, February, November (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 22°C)
- Rainiest months: March, February, January, April (average 14 mm of rainfall)