What's Södermalm Like?
There's a lot visitors like about Södermalm, especially its restaurants and historical sites. Make sure to enjoy this walkable neighborhood's great shops. Take in some culture at Sodra Teatern and The Swedish Museum of Photography. There's plenty more to see, including Medborgarplatsen and Maria Square.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Södermalm?
We have 67 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are some of our travelers' top places to stay in Södermalm:
Hotel Frantz, WorldHotels Crafted4-star hotel with restaurant, bar
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk
Hotel Rival4-star hotel with 3 bars, restaurant
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Cafe • 24-hour front desk
Hellstens MalmgårdCity-center hotel
- Free WiFi • Terrace • Garden
Hotel Hornsgatan2-star hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi
Ersta Konferens & Hotell2-star hotel with conference center
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Terrace • Garden
How to Get to Södermalm
Södermalm is located 1.2 mi (2 km) from the heart of Stockholm.
- Stockholm (BMA-Bromma), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from Södermalm
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from Södermalm
Getting to Södermalm on Metro
Stations in the neighborhood include:
- Medborgarplatsen T-Bana
- Mariatorget T-Bana
- Skanstull T-Bana
Things to See and Do in and around Södermalm
What to See in Södermalm
- Maria Square
- Tantolunden Park