What's Downtown Salt Lake City Like?There's a lot visitors like about Downtown Salt Lake City, especially its bars and temples. Enjoy this romantic neighborhood's live music scene and fantastic lake views, not to mention its many shops. Spend an afternoon at Clark Planetarium or Utah State Fairpark. There's plenty more to see, including Capitol Theater and Eccles Theater.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Downtown Salt Lake City?
We have 434 accommodations in the neighborhood. Listed below are our travelers' top places to stay in Downtown Salt Lake City:
DeSoto Tudor on Capitol Hill – Adults OnlyAdults-only guesthouse with 24-hour fitness center
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Spa tub • Walkable location
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown3-star hotel with indoor pool, restaurant
- Free parking • Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • Bar • Attentive staff
Courtyard Salt Lake City Downtown3-star hotel with indoor pool, restaurant
- Free WiFi • Spa tub • Fitness center • Bar • Central location
Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & BreakfastVictorian B&B with restaurant, bar
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Terrace • Garden • Walkable location
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - DowntownHotel with indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Fitness center • Central location
How to Get to Downtown Salt Lake CityDowntown Salt Lake City is located 0.6 mi (1 km) from the heart of Salt Lake City.
- Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from Downtown Salt Lake City
- Ogden, UT (OGD-Ogden Regional), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) from Downtown Salt Lake City
Traveling to Downtown Salt Lake City by TrainYou'll find the following train stations in the neighborhood:
- Salt Lake Central Station
- North Temple Bridge/Guadalupe Station
Getting to Downtown Salt Lake City on MetroStations in the neighborhood include:
- Library Station
- Courthouse Station
- Gallivan Plaza Station