What's Central City like?
If you want to find the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Central City? Take in some culture at Birmingham Museum of Art and McWane Science Center. There's plenty more to see, including Sloss Furnaces and Heaviest Corner on Earth.
How to get to Central City
- Birmingham International Airport (BHM), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from Central City
Things to see and do in and around Central City
What to see in Central City
- Sloss Furnaces
- Heaviest Corner on Earth
- Freedom Riders Debarkation Site
Things to do in Central City
- Birmingham Museum of Art
- McWane Science Center
When is the best time to visit Birmingham?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 26°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 9°C)
- Rainiest months: March, May, November, January (average 126 mm of rainfall)