What's Melville like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, look no further than Melville. Places such as Newport Vineyards and Naval War College Museum are just a little farther away. Newport Bridge and Green Animals Topiary Gardens are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Melville
Melville is located 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the heart of Portsmouth.
- Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green), 13 mi (20.9 km) from Melville
- Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 2.8 mi (4.4 km) from Melville
- North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from Melville
Things to see and do in and around Melville
Things to see near Melville:
- Newport Bridge (4.8 mi/7.7 km away)
- Green Animals Topiary Gardens (2.3 mi/3.6 km away)
- Prescott Farm (1.2 mi/2 km away)
- Fogland Beach Conservation Area (4.2 mi/6.8 km away)
- Boyd's Wind Grist Mill (5 mi/8 km away)
Things to do near Melville:
- Newport Vineyards (3 mi/4.9 km away)
- Naval War College Museum (4.7 mi/7.6 km away)
- Newport International Polo (2.6 mi/4.1 km away)
- Newport National Golf Club (3.3 mi/5.2 km away)
- Greenvale Vineyards (3.7 mi/6 km away)
When is the best time to visit Portsmouth?
- Hottest months: August, July, September, June (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, March, December (average 2°C)
- Rainiest months: October, March, December, February (average 145 mm of rainfall)