What's Wild Basin Wilderness like?
If you're in search of the perfect area to explore, why not consider Wild Basin Wilderness? Sixth Street and The Domain are a couple of the top places in the larger area worth a visit. Village at Westlake and Lake Austin are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Wild Basin Wilderness
Wild Basin Wilderness is located 1 mi (1.6 km) from the heart of West Lake Hills.
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from Wild Basin Wilderness
Things to see and do in and around Wild Basin Wilderness
Things to see near Wild Basin Wilderness:
- Lake Austin (2 mi/3.3 km away)
- Mount Bonnell (2.8 mi/4.5 km away)
- Pennybacker Bridge (3.3 mi/5.3 km away)
- Zilker Botanical Garden (3.7 mi/5.9 km away)
- Zilker Park (3.7 mi/5.9 km away)
Things to do near Wild Basin Wilderness:
- Village at Westlake (1.2 mi/2 km away)
- Barton Square Mall (3.4 mi/5.4 km away)
- Barton Springs Pool (3.9 mi/6.3 km away)
- Scottish Rite Children's Theatre (4.8 mi/7.8 km away)
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum (4.9 mi/7.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit West Lake Hills?
- Hottest months: August, July, September, June (average 29°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 13°C)
- Rainiest months: May, October, June, September (average 103 mm of rainfall)