What's Gulf Shores like?
If you're in search of the perfect area to explore, why not visit Gulf Shores? Take time to see places such as Sanibel Island Southern Beach and Bowman's Beach while you're here. Turner Beach and Periwinkle Way are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Gulf Shores
Gulf Shores is located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the heart of Sanibel.
- Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 24.1 mi (38.8 km) from Gulf Shores
Things to see and do in and around Gulf Shores
What to see in Gulf Shores
- Sanibel Island Southern Beach
- Bowman's Beach
Things to do near Gulf Shores:
- Periwinkle Way (4.7 mi/7.6 km away)
- Bailey - Matthews Shell Museum (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
- Sanibel Historical Museum and Village (3.6 mi/5.8 km away)
- Sanibel Captiva Conservation Foundation (2.3 mi/3.8 km away)
- BIG Arts Center (3.7 mi/5.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Sanibel?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, March (average 19°C)
- Rainiest months: August, June, July, September (average 239 mm of rainfall)