What's Overtown Like?If you're in search of the perfect area to explore, why not consider Overtown? Take time to see places like Saint John's Baptist Church and Dana A. Dorsey Residence while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Historic Overtown Folklife Village and Greater Bethel AME Church.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Overtown?
We have 21 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are our travelers' favorite places to stay in Overtown:
SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center3-star hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
- Free WiFi • Fitness center • Bar • Terrace • Spacious rooms
Dunns Josephine Hotel2.5-star hotel
- Free WiFi • Terrace
439 HOTELCity-center hotel
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk
How to Get to OvertownOvertown is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Miami.
- Miami Intl. Airport (MIA), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from Overtown
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl. Airport (FLL), 20 mi (32.1 km) from Overtown
- Miami, FL (MPB-Public Seaplane Base), 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from Overtown
Getting to Overtown on MetroStations in the neighborhood include:
- Culmer Station
- Overtown-Arena Station
Things to See and Do in and around Overtown
What to See in Overtown
- Saint John's Baptist Church
- Booker T. Washington School and Monument
- Dana A. Dorsey Residence
- Historic Overtown Folklife Village
- Greater Bethel AME Church