What's Elswick like?
If you want to find the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Elswick? Plan a fun excursion to Utilita Arena Newcastle while you're here. O2 Academy Newcastle and St. James' Park are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Elswick
Elswick is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from Elswick
Things to see and do in and around Elswick
Things to see near Elswick:
- Utilita Arena Newcastle (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
- St. James' Park (1 mi/1.6 km away)
- Leazes Park (1 mi/1.7 km away)
- Bigg Market (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Grey's Monument (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
Things to do near Elswick:
- O2 Academy Newcastle (1 mi/1.6 km away)
- Chinatown (1 mi/1.6 km away)
- The Gate (1.1 mi/1.7 km away)
- Intu (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Eldon Square Shopping Centre (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Newcastle-upon-Tyne?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 16°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, November, October (average 85 mm of rainfall)