What's Central East Austin Like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, why not consider Central East Austin? Nature lovers can explore top areas such as Zilker Park and Lake Travis. Sixth Street and Austin Convention Center are a couple of popular sights sure to leave an impression.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Central East Austin?
We have 115 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are some of our travelers' top lodging choices in Central East Austin:
The Frances Modern Inn3-star hotel
- Free WiFi • Rooftop terrace
DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area4-star hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • Bar • Cafe • Pool loungers
Super 8 by Wyndham Austin Downtown/Capitol Area2-star motel
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk
How to Get to Central East Austin
Central East Austin is located 1 mi (1.7 km) from the heart of Austin.
- Austin-Bergstrom Intl. Airport (AUS), 6 mi (9.7 km) from Central East Austin
Things to See and Do in and around Central East Austin
What to See in Central East Austin
- University of Texas at Austin
- Austin Convention Center
- Zilker Park
- Lake Travis
- Frank Erwin Center
Things to Do in Central East Austin
- Sixth Street
- South Congress Avenue
- Rainey Street
- Barton Square Mall
- Arboretum at Great Hills Mall