What's Maungaraki like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, look no further than Maungaraki. Places such as Petone Foreshore and Wellington City Walkways are just a little farther away. Queensgate Shopping Centre and Petite Martinique are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Maungaraki
Maungaraki is located 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the heart of Lower Hutt.
- Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from Maungaraki
- Paraparaumu (PPQ), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from Maungaraki
Things to see and do in and around Maungaraki
Things to see near Maungaraki:
- Petone Foreshore (1.8 mi/3 km away)
- Petite Martinique (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Belmont Regional Park (2.8 mi/4.6 km away)
- City to Sea Bridge (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Hutt City i-SITE Visitor Centre (1.6 mi/2.7 km away)
Things to do near Maungaraki:
- Queensgate Shopping Centre (1.7 mi/2.8 km away)
- Dowse Art Museum (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- The Dowse (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Morne LaBaye Trail (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Maori Treasures (2.8 mi/4.6 km away)
When is the best time to visit Lower Hutt?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 17°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, September, June (average 11°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, December (average 114 mm of rainfall)