What's Charles Darwin like?
If you want to find the perfect area to explore, look no further than Charles Darwin. Take time to see places such as Darwin Harbour and World War II Display while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Charles Darwin National Park.
How to get to Charles Darwin
Charles Darwin is located 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the heart of Darwin.
- Darwin International Airport (DRW), 3 mi (4.8 km) from Charles Darwin
Things to see and do in and around Charles Darwin
What to see in Charles Darwin
- Darwin Harbour
- World War II Display
- Charles Darwin National Park
Things to do near Charles Darwin:
- Smith Street Mall (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
- The Esplanade (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
- Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (2.8 mi/4.6 km away)
- Mindil Beach Sunset Market (2.8 mi/4.6 km away)
- SKYCITY Casino (2.9 mi/4.6 km away)
When is the best time to visit Darwin?
- Hottest months: October, November, December, April (average 29°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 26°C)
- Rainiest months: January, February, March, December (average 337 mm of rainfall)