What's Orlando East like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Orlando East? Visit places such as Mandela House and First National Bank Stadium when you venture just outside the neighbourhood. Expo Centre Johannesburg and Southgate Mall are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Orlando East
Orlando East is located 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the heart of Soweto.
- Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from Orlando East
- Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from Orlando East
Things to see and do in and around Orlando East
Things to see near Orlando East:
- First National Bank Stadium (3.3 mi/5.3 km away)
- Expo Centre Johannesburg (3.4 mi/5.5 km away)
- Credo Mutwa Cultural Village (3.7 mi/5.9 km away)
- Regina Mundi (3.2 mi/5.1 km away)
- Walter Sisulu Square of Dedication (3.5 mi/5.6 km away)
Things to do near Orlando East:
- Mandela House (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Southgate Mall (3.8 mi/6.1 km away)
- Apartheid Museum (5 mi/8 km away)
- Hector Pieterson Museum and Memorial (1.3 mi/2 km away)
- Soweto Theatre (4.3 mi/6.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Soweto?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, November (average 19°C)
- Coldest months: June, July, May, August (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: December, January, February, November (average 92 mm of rainfall)