What's Itanhangá Like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, consider Itanhangá. Collect beach glass at top spots like Copacabana Beach and Ipanema Beach. Other popular sights worth a visit include Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Itanhangá?
We have 12 accommodations in the neighborhood. Our travelers don't have any top picks in Itanhangá but here are some of their favorites nearby:
- Free WiFi • Free area shuttle • 2 poolside bars • 2 outdoor pools • Central location
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Steam room • Fitness center • Central location
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • Health club • Central location
- Free WiFi • Sauna • Fitness center • Rooftop terrace • Central location
- Free WiFi • 2 bars • Steam room • Fitness center • Central location
Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort - 4.6 mi (7.4 km) awayUpscale beachfront hotel with 5 restaurants, spa
Hotel Nacional Rio de Janeiro - 3.2 mi (5.1 km) away5-star beachfront hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
Grand Hyatt Rio De Janeiro - 4.5 mi (7.3 km) awayUpscale beachfront hotel with 2 outdoor pools, spa
Windsor Marapendi - 3.3 mi (5.3 km) away5-star beachfront hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
Windsor Oceanico - 2 mi (3.2 km) away4-star beach hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
How to Get to Itanhangá
Itanhangá is located 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from Itanhangá
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 10.2 mi (16.5 km) from Itanhangá
- Rio de Janeiro (RRJ-Jacarepaguá-Roberto Marinho), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from Itanhangá
Things to See and Do in and around Itanhangá
What to See in Itanhangá
- Copacabana Beach
- Ipanema Beach
- Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach
- Ilha Da Gigoia
- Pepe Beach
Things to Do in Itanhangá
- Shopping Downtown
- Barra Shopping Mall
- Shopping Metropolitano Barra
- Shopping de Gavea
- Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden