What's Vila da Penha like?
If you want to find the perfect part of town to visit, why not consider Vila da Penha? Places to visit such as Igreja da Penha and Estádio Olímpico Nilton Santos are not far away. Poco do Marimbondo Waterfall and Piedade Island are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Vila da Penha
Vila da Penha is located 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from Vila da Penha
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from Vila da Penha
- Rio de Janeiro (RRJ-Jacarepaguá-Roberto Marinho), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from Vila da Penha
Things to see and do in and around Vila da Penha
Things to see near Vila da Penha:
- Igreja da Penha (2.1 mi/3.3 km away)
- Estádio Olímpico Nilton Santos (3.6 mi/5.8 km away)
- Poco do Marimbondo Waterfall (3.5 mi/5.7 km away)
- Piedade Island (1.2 mi/2 km away)
- Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora da Penha (2.2 mi/3.5 km away)
Things to do near Vila da Penha:
- Train Museum (3.7 mi/6 km away)
- Imagens do Inconsciente Museum (4 mi/6.4 km away)
- Fiocruz Museum of Life (4.8 mi/7.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit Rio de Janeiro?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, May (average 23°C)
- Rainiest months: November, December, January, March (average 228 mm of rainfall)