What's Downtown Springfield like?
Downtown Springfield is notable for its historical sites. Travellers like this walkable neighbourhood for its museums. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices State Historic Site and Great Western Depot. There's plenty more to see, including Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum and Bank of Springfield Center.
How to get to Downtown Springfield
- Springfield, IL (SPI-Abraham Lincoln Capital), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from Downtown Springfield
Things to see and do in and around Downtown Springfield
What to see in Downtown Springfield
- Bank of Springfield Center
- Old State Capitol
- Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices State Historic Site
- Great Western Depot
- Lincoln Depot
Things to do near Downtown Springfield:
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum (0.1 mi/0.1 km away)
- Lincoln Home National Historic Site (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Illinois State Fairgrounds (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Illinois State Museum (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Washington Park Botanical Gardens (2.2 mi/3.5 km away)
When is the best time to visit Springfield?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 24°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 2°C)
- Rainiest months: June, May, April, July (average 146 mm of rainfall)