What's Altenessen Like?If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, look no further than Altenessen. Take time to see the sights like Zeche Carl while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Messe Essen and Veltins-Arena.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Altenessen?
We have 5 accommodations in the neighborhood. Our travelers don't have any top picks in Altenessen but here are some of their favorites nearby:
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Garden • Central location
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
- Free WiFi • Cafe • 24-hour front desk
Hotel Böll Essen - 0.3 mi (0.4 km) away3-star hotel
Select Hotel Handelshof Essen - 2.8 mi (4.6 km) awayUpscale hotel with bar
Flowers Hotel Essen - 2.7 mi (4.4 km) away3-star hotel with restaurant, bar
How to Get to AltenessenAltenessen is located 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the heart of Essen.
- Duesseldorf International Airport (DUS), 18.2 mi (29.4 km) from Altenessen
- Dortmund (DTM), 26.1 mi (42 km) from Altenessen
Getting to Altenessen on MetroStations in the neighborhood include:
- Altenessen Mitte U-Bahn
- Kaiser-Wilhelm-Park U-Bahn
- Karlsplatz U-Bahn
Things to See and Do in and around Altenessen
Things to See near Altenessen:
- Zeche Carl (0.2 mi/0.3 km away)
- Messe Essen (4.7 mi/7.5 km away)
- Veltins-Arena (4.9 mi/7.8 km away)
- Zollverein Coal Mine World Heritage Site (1.6 mi/2.5 km away)
- University of Duisburg-Essen (2 mi/3.2 km away)