What's West Philadelphia Like?
In West Philadelphia, you can spend time checking out the art scene, museums, and entertainment venues. Travelers seeking the perfect souvenir can head to Reading Terminal Market and King of Prussia Mall. Philadelphia Museum of Art and Rittenhouse Square are a couple of popular sights sure to leave an impression.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in West Philadelphia?
We have 232 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are our travelers' favorite places to stay in West Philadelphia:
The Gables B&B PhiladelphiaUpscale B&B
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Terrace • Walkable location
The Study at University City4-star hotel with restaurant, bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour health club • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
AKA University City4-star hotel with indoor pool, restaurant
- Free WiFi • Free area shuttle • Fitness center • Rooftop terrace • Walkable location
The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel4-star hotel with restaurant, bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue3-star hotel with indoor pool, restaurant
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • Bar • Central location
How to Get to West Philadelphia
West Philadelphia is located 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the heart of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Intl. Airport (PHL), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from West Philadelphia
- Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from West Philadelphia
- Trenton–Mercer Airport (TTN), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) from West Philadelphia
Traveling to West Philadelphia by Train
You'll find the following train stations in the neighborhood:
- Philadelphia Wynnefield Avenue Station
- Philadelphia Overbrook Station
- Philadelphia 49th Street Station
Getting to West Philadelphia on Metro
Stations in the neighborhood include:
- Lancaster Ave & 49th St Tram Stop
- 49th & Girard Ave Stop
- Lancaster Ave & Girard Ave Stop