What's Gavea Like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, consider Gavea. Collect beach glass at top spots like Copacabana Beach and Ipanema Beach. There's plenty more to see, including Shopping de Gavea and Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Gavea?
We have 19 accommodations in the neighborhood. Our travelers don't have any top picks in Gavea but here are some of their favorites nearby:
- Free WiFi • Free area shuttle • 2 poolside bars • 2 outdoor pools • Central location
- Free beach cabanas • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Spa tub • Central location
- Free WiFi • Steam room • Fitness center • Rooftop terrace • Central location
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Steam room • Fitness center • Central location
Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort - 1.2 mi (1.9 km) awayUpscale beachfront hotel with 5 restaurants, spa
Miramar by Windsor Copacabana - 2.5 mi (4 km) awayUpscale beachfront hotel with 2 bars, outdoor pool
Windsor Plaza Copacabana - 3.5 mi (5.7 km) away4-star beach hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
Hotel Atlântico Travel - 2.5 mi (4.1 km) awayUpscale hotel with restaurant
Hotel Nacional Rio de Janeiro - 2.4 mi (3.8 km) away5-star beachfront hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
How to Get to Gavea
Gavea is located 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from Gavea
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 5.9 mi (9.6 km) from Gavea
- Rio de Janeiro (RRJ-Jacarepaguá-Roberto Marinho), 9 mi (14.5 km) from Gavea
Things to See and Do in and around Gavea
What to See in Gavea
- Copacabana Beach
- Ipanema Beach
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro
- Leblon Beach
- Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon
Things to Do in Gavea
- Shopping de Gavea
- Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden
- Rio Design Leblon
- Shopping Leblon
- Rua Farme de Amoedo