One of the few very poor ratings I have to give.
- Staff was nice
- If you fancy living in a treehouse, then I guess this is for you
- We need to be honest here, this is not a hotel. This is a treehouse, with 2 rooms rented out to guests. Walls are not completely sealed at the top.
- It is WAY over-priced for what you are getting. I paid 4 star hotel prices to live here.
- There was a HUGE pile of termite wood chips in the middle of the bed. The gentleman was nice enough, but dismissed it as dust, until I suggested that it looked like termite wood chips to me.
- Every morning, I woke up to find myself completely covered with termite wood chips.
- I received 35 insect bites my second night there, despite using the mosquito net (although perhaps I didn't secure it well). Not sure if mosquitoes, or ?termites, or something else. But, if you are sensitive to bug bites, this is not the place for you.
- Getting to Red Frog Beach, which was my goal for staying on Bastimentos, is a hassle. You take a water taxi, and they always try to finagle for a higher price. Same price/time if you're coming from Bastimentos Town or Bocas Town.
- If you fancy the experience of living in a treehouse, and paying top dollar for it, you can stay here.
- But honestly, don't stay in Bastimentos Town at all, as all accommodations suck. Stay at Bambuda Lodge on Isla Solarte, or just in Bocas Town, and take the water taxi to where you want to go.