We were there in early February, had a bad time, and chose to switch hotels after 2 nights when management was unresponsive. Our experience:
- The photos on Hotels.com show a much nicer room. Our "balcony" in the club room was 1 m^2 and faced an interior wall rather than the mountains. Photo taken with back to the wall.
- The walls are very thin. We had a family of 5-6 people in the room next door and heard their conversations all hours of day. We could hear the pool table balls clicking at night across the courtyard even with our window closed.
- The carpet and sheets were stained. Photo attached.
- The room was exceptionally cold. They turned on a 12-inch-tall floor space heater when we got there, and when we were in the room we used it the whole time. Yet, even having it on overnight, our room was 55 degrees F in the morning. That was the best it could do. Photo of thermometer and heater attached.
- They ought to add pictures of the bathroom. There's no separated shower so you run the risk of soaking all the TP when taking a ceiling or bucket shower. The hot water was hot, though!
- The location is fantastic, walking distance from the main plaza.
- When we told management our problems and intent to move, the receptionist said, "Oh, but there's no problem with the room, right?" This was his conclusion after hearing our problems explained twice.
This is the first time I've left a hotel mid-stay. I recommend against booking here.