We were very disappointed with the York House Inn. It's under new management, which I would excuse if the operators had not been so rude. When we voiced concerns about the first two issues below, the owner we spoke to did not apologize & actually blamed us. With regard to the cat, she said we should have mentioned a cat allergy it in our special requests to the hotel. We were surprised that a new business owner would place such little value on the feedback of guests. I wouldn't expect this place to improve.
1. It was dirty, with mildew on the shower curtains & hairballs on the carpets
2. There is a cat allowed to wander through the rooms, which was never communicated (I am
3. The breakfast was subpar (soggy french toast with a few blueberries) despite being advertised as
"seasonal, local, & likely to make you so full you'll skip lunch"
4. The cleaning person was walking around barefoot
5. The owners seem to have an issue with booking sites. When we said they should mention a pet
on the premises on their website or in their email communication, they blamed us for using a
6. The ground floor is loud. My mother was in a ground floor room and said she could hear the
coughing and snoring of another guest all night. I had an upper room & wasn't bothered.
7. The owners have not figured out how to operate the doors to the rooms
However, the inn is close to Clayton, hiking, shopping, and a winery.