Important: This destination may have COVID-19 travel restrictions in place, including specific restrictions for lodging. Check any national, local, and health advisories for this destination before you book.

Skip to main content.
All properties in Carle Place, New York, United States of America
40 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY, 11514, United States of America
  • Collect stampsYou can collect Hotels.com® Rewards stamps here
8.6
Fabulous337 All our reviews have come from real guests who have stayed at the property.verified guest
reviews

Narrow reviews:

337 verified guest reviews

Guest rating

2.0PoorCheck-in Jun 21, 2020
The rooms were dirty and had foul odor throughout the hotel and especially in my room. I moved to another room but there was still a foul odor and the AC didn’t work. The room was sticky and dirty. All of the furniture and lamps were broken. The hotel overall was run down and in need of repairs and upgrades. Strange people were roaming the hallways. Outdoor areas were occupied by smokers and people that appeared to be vagrants. I didn’t feel safe in the hotel.
RyanOConnor3 night family trip
Response by Management
We apologize for your less than satisfactory experience, we will take everything into consideration to improve our guests experience
4.0FairCheck-in Jun 21, 2020
I stayed at this property a few years back and had a completely different experience this time. The rooms were dingy, it smelled of cigarette smoke in the hallways, there were what appeared to be people living in the hotel and it did not feel safe. A relative also stayed and his room smelled of pets. I would not come back or recommend again.
3 night family trip
Response by Paul Gabriel
Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I would like to make this right.
6.0GoodCheck-in Jun 19, 2020
The check in process was great, but even with the rooms being cleaned thoroughly due to covid, the walls where dirty, the tv remote was sticky, so its hard to believe that it was cleaned properly.
West1 night trip with friends
Response by Paul Gabriel
Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I would like the opportunity to make this right.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jun 19, 2020
A nice place to stay and affordable on Long Island.
Verified Orbitz guest review
Response by Paul Gabriel
Thank you for the review!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jun 22, 2020
I love staying at this hotel. It’s the only place I come to when I’m in town.
Monica1 night family trip
Response by Paul GABRIEL
Thank you for the review! Look forward to seeing you soon.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jun 14, 2020
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
I love the rooms, it feels very homey. Nice neighborhood, & a lot of stores nearby.
Jalicia1 night trip
Response by PAUL GABRIEL
THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jun 11, 2020
Excellent is all I can say. The hotel was immaculate; the staff was friendly and accommodating. Thank you!
MéLisa1 night trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jun 6, 2020
Amazin stay
It was an amazing self love weekend filled with nothing but peace & quiet & comfortability at its finest !
Attina2 night trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in May 29, 2020
It wasn’t clean properly however it looked nice...
1 night trip with friends
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place. We are sorry to hear the cleanliness was not up to par. We will do our best to correct this issue moving forward.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in May 8, 2020
Nothing. I really liked everything. It was an amazing experience
3 night romance trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon!
2.0PoorCheck-in Mar 29, 2020
I booked with expedia when i booked they tell you that the. Has a hotel pool gym and other thing but when you get to the place everything is closed do to covid 19 and that when you check in that you must stay in the room and there is no breakfast due covid 19 but Expedia does not take fault and telling you these things are not the things that they have online they don't tell you that the hotel does not have these things do not book with Expedia someone from Expedia I feel should reach out to me I have called and called and I do piranhas 19 they keep hanging up on me constantly I spoke with a representative she said that she would give me something as far as reimbursement but once to call hangs up you have to call back when I call back a second time to eat tell me know I asked for a supervisor supervisor never came to the phone now I'm still waiting I would like some sort of refund some type of compensation Expedia take ownership but giving their customers Smith information they should update their website but they haven't I have call in and I'm quite sure there are several of our customers who have call also
8 night family trip
Response by Management
Please note that this review may not be viewed by expedia as it is the hotel review site.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar 19, 2020
size of the room and the kitchen setup . Didn't like the unwillingness to extend my stay at the same rate
8 night business trip
2.0PoorCheck-in Mar 18, 2020
the pool was closed due to the coronavirus I do understand that
Response by Management
Please provide me with more information regarding your stay so that we can improve our guests experience
2.0PoorCheck-in Mar 16, 2020
I am blaming it all on Expedia Expedia never told me that the pool would be closed the gym will be closed the dining room area was actually closed it was not serving breakfast I actually found out the next morning after that I will no longer receive breakfast at the hotel due to the Coronavirus
Expedia2 night family trip
Response by Management
We are sorry that we were unable to provide these amenities to you during your stay. The health and safety of our guests and staff is of utmost importance to us. We hope to welcome you back soon so that you can experience everything we have to offer.
4.0FairCheck-in Mar 13, 2020
we had bed bugs andwhen switched to another room the TV nor phone worked properly. considering the property was just updated thats telling me the staff aren't cleaning thoroughly. the food was not as good as it was when I stayed 3weeks earlier
wycinnaBrown2 night family trip
Response by Management
We apologize for the issues encountered during your stay. We strive to make all stays exceptional for our guests and are saddened that we have fallen short. We will work toward improvement.
2.0PoorCheck-in Mar 8, 2020
The laundry room was awful. No coin machine and no vending machine
Tommy1 night family trip
Response by Management
We apologize that you were dissatisfied with the laundry room. Please note that there is a store in the lobby for any vending and coins were available at the front desk.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar 7, 2020
I loved the suites I had a two bedroom it’s huge also the two bathrooms it couldn’t have been any better, my girls loved the pool the breakfast was good too but could have been a few more options like sausage, cornbeef hash the coffee was good it would have been nice for sugerfree creamer but all in all Excellent!
Monique1 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. WE hope to welcome you and your family back soon!
4.0FairCheck-in Feb 19, 2020
The hotel is really set up as a shelter or half way home, which is ok, but very unfortunate for guests that have no idea.
Ana3 night trip
Response by Management
Hi Ana, please understand that we are not in any way affiliated with government programs or assisted living. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly with any concerns! Thank you for staying with us.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Feb 21, 2020
Hidden Gen in Carle Pl.
I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. Loved the decor. The Efficiency was clean & comfortable. Although at this time it was just a layover because of a friend’s wedding venue, which was less than ten mins away, I would definitely stay at this family of hotels anywhere in the US. The only thing I did not like was the bathroom’s decor in the shower, & wallpaper in the toilet area. I felt it cheapened the rest of the room & there was no garbage bin either in the bathroom or under the sink. Everything else was modern & beautifully furnished. The Studio did not feel small at all, the layout was very homely & felt more like “home” than a hotel.
Ingrid A1 night trip with friends
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we will take your feedback into consideration. We hope to welcome you back soon!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Feb 16, 2020
Watch out the property is undergoing renovation. There was loud noises that impacted our ability to relax . We did like the spacious And clean room
Response by Management
We apologize for the disturbances caused by the renovation! Thank you for staying with us, we hope to welcome you back soon!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Feb 15, 2020
Desk Rep was professional and addressed our questions well.
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place. We are happy to hear about your pleasant interaction with our staff! Come back soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jan 31, 2020
Hotel was as described. The 1 bedroom suite was spacious and it was clean. Didn’t try the breakfast so I can’t comment on that. Parking lot is convenient. Overall pretty good.
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! Thank you for your feedback!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jan 28, 2020
The room, while clean, was "tired" and in need of an update.
MAM3 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We appreciate your feedback.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jan 24, 2020
Great place to stay
The check in was fast and easy. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.
Yanique1 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We hope to welcome you back soon!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Jan 3, 2020
It’s a nice homey environment. Great for families. Only downfall was the the hot tub not working, but everything else was excellent
Nneka2 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place. We apologize that our hot tub was not in order. We hope that you return soon to enjoy all of our hotel amenities!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec 28, 2019
Excellent Hotel.
ELIZABETH4 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for your feedback!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec 31, 2019
Comfortable and spacious, but would have liked to be informed that the building was under repairs and the hot tub was out of service prior to my booking- had I known, I would have stayed elsewhere!
Explorer1 night family trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Dec 27, 2019
Very basic but clean
Hotel was relatively new and in good condition. Adequate and reasonably priced. Nothing fancy. Breakfast was basic but good. Came back to hotel and couldn’t find a parking spot. Had to sneak over and use the Marriott hotel next door.
Cathy1 night trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to create a better guest experience.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 25, 2019
Clean, quiet, all the amenities we needed for a family of 5 and the staff member was really friendly. Perfect holiday stay!
Verified Orbitz guest review
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! Were so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during the holidays. We hope to welcome you back soon!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec 13, 2019
Very good Hotel
Great for families
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We hope to welcome you back soon.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 9, 2019
Excellent Service rooms and staff the BEST!!!
Even though they are renovating which i knew in advance, i still enjoyed my stay. Found out i was upgraded to a suite when i arrived. Front desk staff are the best, ver personable and extremely nice. Always stay at this hotel as i travel to NY for medical reasons and the staff always make my time there feel like home. Keep up the good work and Seasons Greetings to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place, NY!
Charlene1 night business trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are so happy to hear that you have been a repeat guest and have been pleased with our hotel. Happy Holidays from all of the staff here in Carle Place!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 5, 2019
This is our second time staying here while we’re visiting our family and this tine they were renovating. Let me just say this, I’ve never stayed somewhere and construction was going on and I didn’t hear anything. The hotel wasn’t dusty, they lobby were most of the work was being done was nice. Our room was just was we experienced the last visit. The receptionist was very informational we wanted to go into the city without our family so we needed directions and the young lady gave us perfect directions.
4 night family trip
Verified CheapTickets guest review
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place. We appreciate you choosing to return to our property and we're happy to hear your stay was still just as expected regardless of the renovations. Come back soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 1, 2019
I loved that my room was a suite with a full kitchen! I was able to heat up leftovers and keep food in the refrigerator. Very helpful and convenient!
Krysta771 night trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are happy to hear you were pleased with the amenities in your room! We hope to welcome you back soon!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 29, 2019
Clean and comfortable. Reasonable distance from our destination in LI
1 night business trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 19, 2019
Even though there was construction being done at this location we had a nice and comfortable stay.
William1 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 21, 2019
Nice location as there are many stores/malls and restaurants and the room is nice and spacious.
susan2 night trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 23, 2019
Great customer service. Nice size rooms and comfortable beds. Clean!
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are glad to hear you had a positive interaction with our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 8, 2019
I recognize that the facility is under construction but it is one-and eyesore and two-there is no communication when making reservations.
Response by Management
Thank you for your feedback!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Oct 23, 2019
Over View
Overall it was a pleasant experience, other than there were obvious signs of wear and tear to the interior especially in the bathroom and kitchen areas along with the carpet. And the ongoing construction.
Petrice2 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place! We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you home again soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct 25, 2019
quiet and comfortable
Quiet nice place to stay. Having a full kitchen was a budget saver and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was good as well. My only critique was the pool was gross it has a black grim ring around the top. The spa walls were all covered in grime.
Darren2 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have made our engineering team aware of the situation with the pool and spa and they will be taking care of that ASAP. We hope to welcome you home again soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct 19, 2019
The layout of the suites and the comfort of the rooms. The The pool, hot tub, and fitness rooms rock!!
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and enjoyed our hotel amenities! We hope to welcome you back soon!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Oct 5, 2019
Everything is always clean, safe and front desk is very friendly.
6 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are happy to hear that you had a positive interaction with our staff. We hope to welcome you home again soon!
6.0GoodCheck-in Oct 11, 2019
No safe in room. Pull out bed should have been made.
Response by Management
We apologize that the sofa bed was not made, next time just let us know ahead of time that you would like the sofa bed made and we will get that done before you arrive! Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites!
2.0PoorCheck-in Sep 27, 2019
Not happy
I have stayed here several times and usually my stay has been good. This time unfortunately there were very noisy guests above me making noise well past 3 in the morning. The front desk was not helpful in taking care of the situation and did not offer for us to change our room either. Very disappointing.
Response by Management
We are very sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience with our hotel. We greatly apologize and will remind our Front Desk staff how to handle noise complaints.
6.0GoodCheck-in Oct 6, 2019
Well, housekeeping forgot to clean up the trush after previous guests in our room. Carpet on staircases very weared. And very disturbing, our room didn't have safe box. So when we left for event, has to leave valuables in the car on hotel parking lot( on our own risk. Hotel has signs not responsible for anything left in the car)
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place. We hear your concerns about the hallway carpets, we are currently undergoing renovation so this issue is being addressed. As for safety deposit boxes, those are available at the front desk to store your belongings. We hope to welcome you back soon and make sure it is a satisfactory stay. We take all feedback from our guests seriously and appreciate you letting us know what can be changed.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 27, 2019
We had a great stay, hotel was clean, room was very comfortable, staff was friendly and accommodating. India went out of her way to be sure we were all set. Will definitely stay again
bertin2 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! I'm so happy to hear about your positive interaction with India! We hope to welcome you back soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 28, 2019
One of the best locations on long island
Great location very convenient near shopping and highways
Marc1 night trip with friends
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Sep 28, 2019
Nice location, friendly staff. The room is nice and spacious. The mattress, on my opinion, needs upgrade, my grandkid kept rolling into my side of the bed lol
FFPablo1 night family trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We will take your feedback into consideration and we hope to welcome you home again soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 23, 2019
Great service and great room!
Valerie4 night business trip
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 21, 2019
Great room
Robert1 night trip with friends
Response by Management
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Carle Place! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your accommodations and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Sorry, there are no traveler photos for this property.