Firstly, for those of you driving in a hired car, Amskou has its own parking behind a locked gate which is incredibly reassuring. The owner is very pleasant and welcoming; he will offer you a moroccan tea and biscuits upon arrival. He lives next door to the auberge with his wife and two young children. Cute I hear you say, however if you are even impartial to young children, they will drive you nuts; knocking at your bedroom door constantly for attention and stealing your sugary snacks!!!. That said, it is quite funny in hindsight. So what do you REALLY need to know about a stay at this place?
1. Excellent value for money: probably the best in the Dades region
2. Very clean - a dealbreaker if you're anything like me
3. Wifi doesn't work. But hey, it's Morocco, what did you expect
4. Showers DO work and they're good
5. There is no AC but for most of the year this is not a problem as the region tends to be cooler due to the mountain air
6. The owner may or may not be up to provide breakfast. In our case, not, but we didn't come for the breakfast anyway.
All in all, for the purpose of most stopovers in this region, there are no fatal flaws with this place, only minor inconveniences. For the price, you really can't complain.