I stayed at the Dar Mayssane for the fourth time. As always, our stay was lovely - Madame Isabelle (the manager) and her staff look after you in a fantastic fashion. We had the pick up from the airport flawlessly organised (at a reasonable charge), a tasty dinner was waiting for us (freshly prepared Moroccan cuisine at its best) when we arrived and our room was as clean as always. A couple of other points:
- Whilst I spent the day at a conference, Madame Isabelle organised a brilliant English-speaking guide for my girlfriend.
- All the staff remembered me and even gave me back some handcuffs that I had forgotten last time I visited (which was more than a year ago!!)
- IN fact, there did not seem to be any staff-churn in the last 18 months, which is a great indication of the work atmosphere at the Riad.
So, overall, I cannot rate this Riad too highly. There are just a couple of points to note (which in our view add to the attraction of the Riad, but may be a negative for some visitors):
- the Riad is void of any TV / unnecessary amenities (hence its 3-star rating)
- the hotel it is set up in a proper "Riad" fashion, i.e. most rooms are organised on several floors around a central courtyard. This adds to the atmosphere of the place but means that you can overhear most things spoken in the courtyard in your room, so it can be a tiny bit noisy if there are some people having dinner in the evening.