I had high expectations for this place based on others' reviews, but those expectations were exceeded. From the moment we arrived till the moment we (sadly!) left, it was the most idyllic 2 night stay one could wish for. We stay in a lot of hotels, and so I feel I am well qualified to make the following observations:
1) One litre of fresh milk in the full sized fridge. I can't stand those nasty little pottles of milk that most hotels provide, they never provide enough and the waste that they create is horrendous.
2) A coffee pod machine. JOY!!! And upon noticing that we used all of the pods provided on the first day they supplied extras for the second day. Really nice touch,
3)A proper 4 burner hot-plate. Not that we used all 4 elements but it was nice to know that we could if we chose to.
4) A washing machine and dryer to use at no cost. After being on the road for nearly a week we needed to do some laundry and I have always preferred to do my own. I would have been happy to use a coin laundry but to allow use at no cost is a lovely gesture.
5) We were tired of rich restaurant food and takeaways, we really felt like a good steak cooked on the BBQ with a simple salad. The lovely owner allowed us to use his own BBQ to do this. I was so grateful! (We could have used the frying pan on an element in our room, but BBQ'd steak is preferable).
6) The lovely stream-side walk into town, it's so picturesque and serene.
7) The underfloor heating in the bathroom - even