Welcome to Mt. Jola, an AvantStay home!
Built in 1955, this Squaw Valley home gives guests the unique opportunity to stay at a historic property that housed reporters during the 1960 Olympics. Inside, you’ll find eclectic, old school interiors that will transport you to a different place and time: colorful art, patterned wallpaper, and wooden everything. Fun fact– the home’s vintage beams once framed the railroad tunnels of Donner Summit! The property is reminiscent of an oversized treehouse with a charming library nook with office space, large windows, and a sprawling patio under the pines. It’s conveniently located within walking distance to the ski lifts and village, where you’ll find shops, restaurants, and bars for an après-ski drink. Cheers!
Situated in the snowy Sierra Nevada Mountain range straddling the border between California and Nevada, Lake Tahoe offers stunning panoramic scenery and year-round adventure. Visitors flock here especially to ski and snowboard on dramatic slopes that seem to fall into the abyss of the lake’s cobalt blue water. Whether you’re looking for a day in the mountains or a booze cruise on the lake, you can have it all in Tahoe.
Nearby Attractions: William Kent Beach, Kilner Park (Hiking and Biking), Squaw Valley Ski Resort, Alpine Meadows Ski Area, Pete n’ Peters (nightlife), Eagle Falls Trail (Hiking), Lighthouse Spa, Fire Sign Cafe, Inspiration Point Vista (Lookout Point).
Experience Lake Tahoe, AvantStay Style.
All AvantStay guests have access to our 24/7 guest experience line, a dedicated hospitality manager, and hotel-grade amenities.
- Unfortunately, pets are not allowed at this home. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- Home is not suitable for small children
- Due to extreme wildfire risk, any type of outdoor wood burning fireplaces, fire pits, or charcoal grills are strictly prohibited. Violations will result in fines starting at $5,000 per Lake Tahoe short term rental regulations.
- Please note that during the winter months, outdoor furniture is unavailable
- This home does not have AC.
- Please be aware that there are connectivity issues with the Wifi due to the location of this home.
- This home has a max overnight occupancy of 12 guests and a max daytime occupancy of 18 guests.
- Place all garbage in trash bins located in the woodshed. Make sure the door is firmly closed to prevent bears from entering.
Please view the Placer County Good Neighbor Flyer here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:c1fb5ca4-80f6-4904-8387-2c49b9c2951d
- Parking is available in front of the house on the **RIGHT-hand side** for 1 car. The left spot is the neighbors.
- Parking is also available in the lot before going over the bridge, however, parking passes are required, only 1 car is allowed here.
- Parking passes can be found on the kitchen counter. The parking permit MUST BE RETURNED or a $250 FEE will be imposed
- On-street parking is prohibited.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / Queen bed
Bedroom 2 / Queen bed
Bedroom 3 / Queen bed
Bedroom 4 / King bed
Bedroom 5 / King bed
Living Room / Two sofa beds
This is a smoke-free property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and quiet hours (9pm-8am) are strictly enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be provided for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or parties are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized parties or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and fees.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking extra care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd party vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.