Skip to main content.

• Olas Altas Beach - 7 min walk
  • Galeria Olinala - 11 min walk
  • Cuale Island - 13 min walk

Getting around

• Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco (PVR-Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz Intl.) - 31 min drive

At a glance

• Check-in time starts at 3 PM
  • Check-out time is noon
  • Express check-in

Required at check-in

• Credit card or cash deposit required

• Government-issued photo ID required

Internet

• Free WiFi in public areas

Other information

• Smoke-free property
* See small print for additional details or extra charges

In the hotel

Food and drink
  • Cooked-to-order breakfast daily (surcharge)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/lounge
  • Room service (during limited hours)
Things to do
  • Luggage storage
  • Porter/bellhop
Facilities
  • Elevator/lift
  • Safe-deposit box at front desk
  • Garden

• Daily housekeeping
  • In-room safe

Hotel Tropicana, Puerto Vallarta’s small print

Policies

• Pool access available from 9 AM to 9 PM.
  • Also known as

• Hotel Tropicana
    • Hotel Tropicana Puerto Vallarta
    • Tropicana Puerto Vallarta

Optional extras

Cooked-to-order breakfast is offered for an extra charge of MXN 80 per person (approximately)

We have included all charges provided to us by this property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the unit you book.

Recent reviews

Good 7.6 From 751 reviews

Good 6.0
    Average stay in a hotel with a lot of potential.
    Check in and out took about 10 minutes. Too much. They put me an annoying bracelet I needed to use for 5 days. They warned me about loosing it would be 20$, loosing the safe key 80$, and so on......Not nice.... The room had no coffee machine, no micro and no fridge. They were requesting me to sign every time I was asking for beach towels. Then when returning them I had to ask many times for a receipt. Cleanliness was good. The lady at the reception passed the broom on my shoes without asking for me to move.... she did not say a word. Happened so fast I could not do anything other than start laughing.... Beds are concrete made with a tough mattress over. Not too comfortable but acceptable. Location is really great but the hotel personnel need to be a little more friendly. The AC at the room was extremely laud. Was like being attending an airplane landing all the time.
    Andres, usRomance trip
    Good 6.0
    Check in is at 3 pm made us wait in the lobby for about 45 min room was not ready
    victor, usRomance trip
    Very Good 8.0
    Another nice stay at the Tropicana
    This was our second stay at the Tropicana and overall we were satisfied. This is a mid-range hotel with two nice pools, turtle pond, restaurant and bar. The hotel desk was very attentive with questions and one night when the compressor went out in the air conditioner on the balcony next door which left a very smoky smell, they were very quick to attend to the problem. The beds although firm, I found them very comfortable. As well as the air conditioning, there is a ceiling fan in each room. The rooms are simple but very clean and the maids do a good job every day cleaning the room and providing fresh towels, toiletries and bottled water. The hotel provides security and each person is given a wristband to wear during their stay. Wifi is only in the lobby and would have been nice to have in the room. I love the area around the hotel and in the Romantic Zone in general which has many restaurants and shops. Be careful of the cobblestone streets and high sidewalks as its easy to trip while walking.
    usRomance trip
    Good 6.0
    First time disappointed after many years
    I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is affordable and convenient to beach, restaurants and nearby attractions. This is the first time anything went missing from my belongings. Two pairs of travel underwear disappeared from one of the drawers I kept my clothes in all week.
    Jeff, usTrip with friends
    Fair 4.0
    Bad experience :/
    Check-in process was ridiculously long and the employees did not seem motivated, super slow. I had to check in when I arrived at 12pm - I was 2nd in line and it took 25 minutes, then I was told I could get to my room until 3pm. I arrived at 2:30pm to recheck in and waited 40 minutes to be told my room wasn't clean and then another 15 minutes for them to reassign me and finally get me to my room. They treat you like a prisoner making you wear a wrist band and you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING GUESTS TO YOUR ROOM! They'll give you a remote for your air condition and tv but you have to return them to the desk or get charged. Cheap but not worth all the hassle. Rooms are sub-par and the facilities are sub-par (toilet barely flushed). The cleaning woman was very sweet and I met the hotel owner who was setting up for an event, and he was nice. I would NOT book here again.
    usOther trip

Hotel Tropicana, Puerto Vallarta

Is the description of this hotel not correct? Tell us