All hotels in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
You can collect® Rewards nights here

3 stars
Amapas #214 Col.Puerto VallartaJAL48380Mexico, 800-491-6126
Price GuaranteePrice Guarantee on hotel bookings. If you find a better price on exactly the same stay, we’ll either match it or give you a coupon. Click below for details.
Good3.7 / 5

• Check-in time starts at 3 PM
  • Check-out time is noon
  • Express check-in

Required at check in

• Credit card or cash deposit required

• Government-issued photo ID required

Travelling with others

• Babysitting/childcare

• Pets not allowed

Extra people

• Roll-away beds available, charges may apply*

• Free WiFi in public areas

Also known as

• Hotel Tropicana
  • Hotel Tropicana Puerto Vallarta
  • Tropicana Puerto Vallarta

Optional extras

Cooked-to-order breakfast is offered for an extra charge of MXN 80 per person (approximately)

In the hotel

Food and drink
  • Cooked-to-order breakfast daily (surcharge)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/lounge
  • Room service (during limited hours)
Things to do
  • 24-hour front desk
  • Luggage storage
  • Porter/bellhop
  • Elevator/lift
  • Safe-deposit box at front desk
  • Garden

• Hotel Tropicana
  • Hotel Tropicana Puerto Vallarta
  • Tropicana Puerto Vallarta

Optional extras

We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.

Recent reviews

Good 3.7 /5 from 226 reviews

Beware names are deceiving
I must start with saying the name Tropicana had me excited to stay at your hotel. I arrived and checked in and my wife followed the next day. I was happy to see 2 bottles of water in the room as complementary. The following day my wife and I went to the restaurant only to find out the service was absolutely terrible. I had requested a bottle of water sealed and it arrived once my meal was finished. We went back to the room and it had been cleaned and I wanted another bottle of water and the maid had forgot to leave 2 new bottles,so I called and requested they please bring them. They stated that the complimentary bottles were only for the first day. We were instructed to go get water out of a 5 gallon jug in the hallway...that is when I realized my decision to stay at Tropicana was a BIG mistake. My wife that is Mexican requested some ice, she was told they wouldn't bring it to the room and we had to get a little bowl to put the ice in that held about 5 cubes of ice. So much for even a cold drink in the room! My wife called reception again and requested laundry service and there reply we do not offer this service. I leave and get away with my wife to go experiance a good time off the hotel grounds and that is exactly what we did. After returning a few hours later I go to the restaurant for a late snack. I sit and wait 20 minutes for service....Nothing.... I am on a search mission to find someone to take my order,finally I find a guy in the kitchen and ask for service. He come
3 night romance trip
Excellent4.0 / 5
If you are single, nope.
Front Desk (reception) was amazing. There was a lady (I assume she was the person in charge when I was there) who helped me a lot when there was a problem with my booking. Hotel is by the beach, has private beach. View is amazing. Room they assigned me had amazing view. There is one thing that i really didn't like is... They give you a bracelet after you booked, and you are not allow anyone to invite your room if s/he doesn't stay in the hotel. Yeap. If you are a single person, this is not a place to stay in, cause security by the gate stares your bracelet each time you get in to hotel.
1 night trip
Poor1.0 / 5
Hotel had no internet and no refrigerator
6 night trip
Outstanding5.0 / 5
Perfect beach hotel
Loved the hotel. great restaurant, nice pool. On the beach in the middle of Los Muertos Beach so close to lots of bars and other restaurants.
3 night romance trip
Poor1.0 / 5
No internet in room, check in was a hassle, bathroom had visible mold. A/C did not cool the room at all. I would never stay again!
1 night trip

Hotel Tropicana, Puerto Vallarta

Is the description of this hotel not correct? Tell us