Skip to main content.
All properties in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
410 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL, 60654, United States of America
  • Collect stampsYou can collect Hotels.com® Rewards stamps here
8.6
Fabulous663 All our reviews have come from real guests who have stayed at the property.verified guest
reviews

2.0PoorCheck-in Jan 15, 2022
Everything
Jessica4 night trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We promise to address the comments regarding the service, as this is certainly not the impression we want to leave guests with. We hope to be your choice hotel whenever your travels bring you back to Chicago!
4.0FairCheck-in Jan 14, 2022
I am very frustrated with the fact that I am paying a decent price for the room that I booked. Upon checking in I am made aware that there are additional holds for incidentals and etc. Adding insult to injury you have to pay $55 per day to self park or $64 to valet park. No other options available, considering I am staying a couple of days that is a pretty big expense that wasn’t expected. The person at check in said that I should’ve gotten an email to inform me about these fees. I checked my email no email and re-read over my booking details and I still don’t see any of this information. Then I go to partake in the continental breakfast and it is so basic and cheaply put together. None of the benefits or amenities “due to covid” but all of the expense…
Shawon2 night romance trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the issues you experienced from occurring in the future. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Chicago.
4.0FairCheck-in Dec 31, 2021
cold
people were friendly, room was adequate, but we called twice to get heat in our room and froze all night long. i should get at least a partial refund
paul1 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec 29, 2021
The location was great.
Colette3 night family trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you so much for the kind review and putting your trust in the Marriott brands and especially for choosing us when we know you have many options in the area. We love to hear our guest’s feedback and your review made our day. Thank you so much and hope to see you soon again!
2.0PoorCheck-in Dec 29, 2021
Always stay at this hotel very disappointed in the disrespectful staff at check in will definitely never return to location and will let me other people know not to go as well staff needs to be talked to about how they treat all guest and how they should treat all guest with the same respect as they do their white customers we should it be overlooked and treated differently due to race and I definitely was treated Al much different ignored and looked over during checkin multiple white guest where helped while I was left looking crazy in line not even noticed I will never return very disappointed and also will contact corporate office
Laronda M1 night trip
4.0FairCheck-in Dec 29, 2021
You guys are ruining my vacations all my vacation
Juan12 night romance trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 28, 2021
I stayed for a week and the meal was the same every day. I wish she was just a little bit different.
HYEJOUNG5 night family trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you for your feedback! I will ensure we pass on your feedback about breakfast. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in the city!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec 27, 2021
Typical Residence Inn. Good Location. No option for 2 queen beds.
Steven4 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 26, 2021
Excellent hotel , wonderful service, room very cleaned and prepare to make your visit such a great time
Yanet4 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 24, 2021
Great Stay!
Great location and a wonderful city view! The staff was so helpful.
7 night family trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will revisit us when you are in the area!
4.0FairCheck-in Dec 23, 2021
The Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago rooms are not truly clean, the carpet was filthy! The chairs and couch were torn and truly worn! The shower floor was slick, not in a good way but build-up slick. There was a dog barking for hours on the floor above and there was nothing they could do about it. I reserved a King size bed and was given a queen size bed. I would not recommend this hotel. Also the front desk staff was not properly dressed, this shows they just did not care.
Kimberly3 night romance trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you for your feedback. I will ensure this is shared with the hotel leadership.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 22, 2021
Stayed 2 weeks & liked the location, laundry facilities and staff attention to any requests. The Residence Inn rooms are nice & have an updated feel. Was so nice to have a kitchen & full size fridge with a ice maker. Everything I wanted was in walking distance. I have stayed on the other side of the river before but this location is better for walkability.
Julie14 night trip
Response by Wyll
• We loved this review, and cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience! Looks like you were able to enjoy the full scope of our hotel. Thanks again, we look forward to your next visit with us.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 21, 2021
Excellent property Excellent staff Better cleaning coordination Better breakfast Buffett
Frank alejandro9 night family trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Dec 20, 2021
We stayed for 13 days so a kitchen was important as was the move to a higher level after 2 days(we started on 6 & were moved to 19 when we requested). Facing the garage on 6 was claustrophobic & dark. Sofa bed quality , as usual for these types, was very poor- we ultimately moved the mattress to the floor. Perhaps it’s time for Marriott to invest in a different type of sofa bed if guests are actually expected to sleep there, otherwise don’t stipulate that the room “sleeps 4”. Also, didn’t like that maintenance came in and sealed the windows so they couldn’t be opened. if there’s a kitchen, shouldn’t the room offer ventilation? But overall, the room was good, staff mostly very helpful and we will return.
Liana13 night family trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you so much for the kind review and putting your trust in the Marriott brands and especially for choosing us when we know you have many options in the area. We love to hear our guest’s feedback and I will ensure to pass along your feedback regarding the sleeper sofa. Thank you so much and hope to see you soon again!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 20, 2021
Amazing views of the city. The team of the hotel always cares for you and is helpful.
Rolo28 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 18, 2021
Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, yummy breakfast its a pleasure to stay there
Efimia5 night romance trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 16, 2021
A good value. Friendly and attentive staff. I wish the pool was open.
Michael4 night family trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Dec 14, 2021
The property was fine and served its purpose. Nothing special. Chicago feels unsafe with few people on the streets. The breakfast was fairly standard and good.
michael3 night business trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 12, 2021
My fiancé and I had the best time ever, the staff were so accommodating and the hotel was beautiful. 10/10 recommended!!
Michaela1 night romance trip
4.0FairCheck-in Dec 11, 2021
The breakfast was horrible I paid 258 for high floor city view didn’t get high floor should just paid regular price very disappointed and feel like waste of money really. Never will I use this hotel again
Cody1 night romance trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Dec 11, 2021
Service below standard
Very poor service. Few weeks prior to my arrival sent a question via hotels.com, with no response. About 2 weeks before my arrival sent an email. They promised to check what I asked for and get in touch within 5 days - never happened. A week later had to call them, from abroad, with long waiting to get an answer. In addition : The room I got was cold. Extremely. The a/c wasn't working. The technician couldn't fix it. Had to pack back all my things and move to a room less nice. Even though it's says the rooms have a safe, mine didn't have any. They promise daily housekeeping. After 2 days with no housekeeping (was the weekend and thought that might be the reason), I called to asked and discovered that you need to ask for service the day before. It might be fine, if only someone have told me that while I checked in. Oh, and talking about check in - at the beginning the representative mentioned a higher price than I was supposed to pay, and only after demanding to talk with the supervisor things were solved. And last thing - as expected, there are signs that guests must were masks in public. Never mind they don't do anything, not even asking to do so from those who don't. But when someone enter the elevator Which I already been in (with all my luggage) without a mask and wasn't willing to put on one, I called the security guy who told me that I should go out and change to another elevator (with all my luggage, yea?) if I don't want to ride with that person.
7 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 10, 2021
Outrageous Parking Fee Overnight
The hotel was amazing. However, parking overnight was $55 per night in addition to the room rate. A bit much and should have been told that when the room was booked.
jennifer2 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 10, 2021
The room and view were great. I will book this place again.
JaVern2 night romance trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 4, 2021
Everything was perfect; hospitality, security and friendship. The location was good and close to all attractions; restaurants, shopping and museum.
Abdulsalam15 night business trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 4, 2021
Centrally located. Clean, safe and friendly/helpful staff.
Renee1 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 3, 2021
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was really nice with the small kitchen.
Jeff2 night romance trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you for your feedback! I will ensure this is shared with the hotel leadership.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 2, 2021
Excellent location!!!!! Breakfast normal - overall nice experience
Nelson5 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Dec 2, 2021
Really loved my stay here!! Perfect location and close to everything. Hotel is clean and staff is very friendly! Loved the lobby and lounge/bar area as well! Can’t wait to be back
Yvonne M4 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 28, 2021
Dhairya5 night business trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 27, 2021
will stay again....
this was the perfect location, perfect for safety and overall cleanliness of hotel and suite was perfect.
Denise8 night trip with friends
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 26, 2021
Check in was fast and easy! Lobby was well lit, safe and festive. All employees nice and cheerful! Late checkout accommodations were convenient and quick!
Beshiana3 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 25, 2021
Great location, room , lounge and fitness center. Pool was not operable. Breakfast can use some more options. Well worth the money.
Allan4 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 24, 2021
Great stay there ..!
Robert1 night trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 24, 2021
This was a nice stay, staff were great and the amenities were as described. It’s a personal peeve of mine when 1) hotel rooms don’t have a floor length mirror or mirrored door, and 2) the lighting by the desk in the room is non existent or horrible. In this case rearranged the furniture and sat at a moved nightstand for my meetings. Otherwise great stay!!
Aviva6 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 23, 2021
Excellent location. Excellent service.
Shimon6 night family trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 22, 2021
The location is excellent for walkability, it's about 1/4 mile from the Magnificent Mile and Millenium Park, Also very close to State Street shopping and many restaurant locations. The hotel is nice and has a good breakfast buffet options. It would be nice if the pool was reopened. The room I was in could use some furniture updating, the bed was comfortable, but the coffee table's top was peeling off and the couch uncomfortable as the cushions were worn. Also, the picture of the room should that there was an oven, however, the room did not have an oven. There was a microwave, full refrigerator, small cook top and dishwasher. So, if you are planning on a full oven, I'd contact the hotel and make sure you are placed in a room with one.
Janet9 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 22, 2021
I loved the scenery
paul5 night romance trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 20, 2021
Very nice place to stay. Close to restaurants and bars, shopping etc. My only complaint was the pool is not open, but other than that, we had a great stay and will stay there again.
David2 night family trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 20, 2021
Great ubication, next to restaurants, supermarket, drug stores, atractions, Michigan Ave. and the Magnificent Mile, and of course, the Chicago River.
Francisco4 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 19, 2021
Our favorite Downtown Chicago hotel
River North Residence Inn is our place to stay when visiting Chicago. This time we had a corner room with great city views. Breakfast is more limited than pre-COVID and pretty much the same selections every day.
Daniel10 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 19, 2021
Great
Balikisu3 night romance trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 13, 2021
Jessica1 night romance trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 13, 2021
Centrally located for our convenience
Kevin1 night family trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 10, 2021
A very good hotel in its cost-quality relation. It is located in a very good area, safe, with a lot of movement, close to all activities and in a sector with a lot of gastronomic offer.
Rogelio3 night romance trip
2.0PoorCheck-in Nov 8, 2021
Nothing. Rude
Kasandra8 night family trip
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Nov 4, 2021
We stayed here in July and I swore we wouldn’t be back! However, do to the short notice of our trip in November we stayed again. This time it was SO much better! Room was clean, except for a splatter on the living room wall. Staff was friendly and quick to provide what we needed. I understand it’s under new management if that is the case keep doing what you are doing as it is working. It’s close for walking, shopping, restaurants, and it’s pet friendly. Only wish the pool would open soon but at least they have a fitness center. Breakfast is lacking; not like it was pre-Covid but it might get there. Would definitely stay again!
Lisa3 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct 30, 2021
Very clean, friendly people, But breakfast menu should be a little more better on variety (more choices) Only coffee its good.
SONIA5 night family trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you for your feeedback!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct 29, 2021
It was amazing I had a great time.
Anita1 night trip
Response by Wyll
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you again soon!
8.0Very GoodCheck-in Oct 23, 2021
Awesome staff and location
Franklin1 night business trip
4.0FairCheck-in Oct 22, 2021
We had three people in the room. Either rooms should have bedding supplied for the sofa bed or the check-in clerk should ask whether you need bedding for the third person.
Susan1 night trip with friends
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, there are no traveler photos for this property.