1. The window is openable, which is very good. However, no anti-mosquito mesh. How is it possible to have no anti-mosquito met in the room, for which I paid $200 ???
2. Secondly, the radioclock is defective and cannot be turned off and unplugged from electricity. Thus, it took us about 30 minutes to stop rustling and whispering this terrible device with such an aggressive service (no option to unplug).
3. We used in-room telephone to call to the receptionist, but no response. The return call from the receptionist Kelly was done in about 20 minutes when we already slept and, thus, spoiled our sleep.
4. Noisy environment. A group of jerks spoke loudly outside during the night.
5. Continental breakfast is until 9 am, and therefore is overcrowded, especially taking into account just 4 tables. Some people had to take plates into their rooms and spilled milk on the carpet in the halls. Almost all food provides so much sugar, that becomes unacceptable. Where is plain yogurt? Where is regular (non-sweetened) oatmeal? Sugar-lovers can add sugar/jams if they wish, but the opposite action is impossible. It is good that the apples and oranges were provided, though.
6. In all other issues, the hotel is ok: good bathroom, for example.