Hotels in Wallops Island, Virginia
Search & Compare Wallops Island Hotels
Get Secret Prices on select hotels
These prices aren’t available to everyone.
Best hotels in Wallops Island
Wallops Island overviewWallops Island is a relaxing place surrounded by picturesque views of beaches and islands. You'll enjoy the ample seafood and coffee choices, along with activities like fishing and swimming. Spend a relaxing day at Cypress Park and Pocomoke River State Park when the weather is nice. Make some memories at Wallops Flight Facility and Assateague Lighthouse. Wallops Island is a family-friendly destination while offering something for everyone.
Where to stay in Wallops IslandFeaturing accommodation choices that can meet everyone's needs, Wallops Island is the place to go. There are 25 hotels in the Wallops Island area, some with discounts of up to 10%.
- • 14 2-star hotels with an average price of $56 per night
- • 8 3-star hotels with an average price of $99 per night
How to get to Wallops IslandFly in to Salisbury, MD (SBY-Salisbury - Ocean City Wicomico Regional), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) from downtown Wallops Island. Norfolk, VA (ORF-Norfolk Intl.) is the next closest major airport, 79.1 mi (127.3 km) away.
What to see around Wallops IslandIt's recognized for its beaches, and top places for nature lovers include:
- • Cypress Park
- • Pocomoke River State Park
- • Wallops Flight Facility
- • Assateague Lighthouse
- • Museum of Chincoteague
- • Delmarva Discovery Center
- • Coventry Parish Ruins
When to visit Wallops IslandWondering what time of year to travel, or what clothes to pack? Here are seasonal norms to help you with your planning:
Seasonal temperature averages
- • January-March: 58°F day, 28°F night
- • April-June: 84°F day, 41°F night
- • July-September: 85°F day, 56°F night
- • October-December: 73°F day, 29°F night
- • January-March: 9.8 inches
- • April-June: 9.3 inches
- • July-September: 12.2 inches
- • October-December: 9.5 inches