Hotels in Kalapana, Hawaii
Search & Compare Kalapana Hotels
Get Secret Prices on select hotels
These prices aren’t available to everyone.
Best hotels in Kalapana
Kalapana overviewKalapana is a relaxing place known for its natural features and oceanfront, and surrounded by picturesque views of the volcano and the jungle. You're sure to find the bar and dining options to your liking. Spend a relaxing day at Pu'u 'O'o Trailhead and Isaac Hale Beach Park when the weather is nice. While you're here, stop by Lava Viewing Area and SPACE Seaview Performing Arts Center. Kalapana is an inviting destination that has something for everyone.
Where to stay in KalapanaWhether traveling for business or pleasure, Kalapana can comfortably accommodate all visitors. There are 52 hotels in the Kalapana area, some with discounts of up to 35%.
- • 4 2-star hotels with an average price of $26 per night
- • 33 3-star hotels with an average price of $75 per night
- • 13 4-star hotels with an average price of $129 per night
How to get to KalapanaFly in to Hilo, HI (ITO-Hilo Intl.), 25.2 mi (40.5 km) from downtown Kalapana.
What to see around KalapanaIts forests, jungle, and seaside offer a glimpse of the natural beauty and favorite spots include:
- • Lava Viewing Area
- • Pu'u 'O'o Trailhead
- • Isaac Hale Beach Park
- • Ahalanui Park
- • Kapoho Tide Pools
- • SPACE Seaview Performing Arts Center
- • Lava Tree State Monument
- • Akatsuka Orchid Gardens
- • 2400 Fahrenheit Art Glass
- • Kilauea Caverns of Fire
When to visit KalapanaWondering what time of year to travel, or what clothes to pack? Here are seasonal norms to help you with your planning:
Seasonal temperature averages
- • January-March: 79°F day, 63°F night
- • April-June: 83°F day, 65°F night
- • July-September: 83°F day, 69°F night
- • October-December: 83°F day, 64°F night
- • January-March: 32.2 inches
- • April-June: 27.0 inches
- • July-September: 30.6 inches
- • October-December: 36.9 inches