What's Capistrano Beach Like?
Capistrano Beach is notable for its beach access. You can take time to discover this family-friendly neighborhood's waterfront and shops. Top places to visit include Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base. There's plenty more to see, including Doheny State Beach and Salt Creek Beach Park.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Capistrano Beach?
We have 139 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are our travelers' top lodging choices in Capistrano Beach:
Riviera Beach & Shores Resorts
- Spa tub • 24-hour fitness center • Outdoor pool
Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-by-the-sea2.5-star hotel
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Spa tub • Spacious rooms
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point4-star hotel with outdoor pool, restaurant
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • Rooftop terrace • Bar • Pool loungers
Beachfront Inn and Suites at Dana PointSuburban hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Beach sun loungers • 24-hour front desk
How to Get to Capistrano Beach
Capistrano Beach is located 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the heart of Dana Point.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from Capistrano Beach
Things to See and Do in and around Capistrano Beach
What to See in Capistrano Beach
- Doheny State Beach
- Salt Creek Beach Park
- Salt Creek Beach
- Thousand Steps Beach
- Table Rock Beach
Things to Do in Capistrano Beach
- Foothill Ranch Towne Centre
- Fashion Island
- Avenida del Mar
- The Shops at Mission Viejo
- Woods Cove