Hotels in Mount Desert, Maine
Search & Compare Mount Desert Hotels
Get Secret Prices on select hotels
These prices aren’t available to everyone.
Best hotels in Mount Desert
Mount Desert overviewMount Desert is a relaxing place known for its gardens and parks, and surrounded by picturesque views of the desert and islands. You're sure to enjoy all of the coffee and bar options. Spend a relaxing day at Asticou Azalea Garden and Thuya Garden when the weather is nice. Be sure stop by Maine Granite Industry Museum and Acadia Repertory Theater while you're here. Whatever you're into, Mount Desert has something for you.
Where to stay in Mount DesertWhether traveling for business or pleasure, Mount Desert can comfortably accommodate all visitors. There are 57 hotels in the Mount Desert area and you can shop as many as 21 deals for rooms on Hotels.com, some with discounts of up to 50%.
- • 21 2-star hotels with an average price of $60 per night
- • 26 3-star hotels with an average price of $79 per night
- • 5 4-star hotels with an average price of $129 per night
How to get to Mount DesertFly in to Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from downtown Mount Desert.
What to see around Mount DesertIts desert views and parks offer a glimpse of the natural beauty, and favorite spots for nature lovers include:
- • Asticou Azalea Garden
- • Thuya Garden
- • Cadillac Mountain
- • Village Green
- • Agamont Park
- • Maine Granite Industry Museum
- • Acadia Repertory Theater
- • Northeast Harbor Golf Club
- • Wendell Gilley Museum
- • Mount Desert Island Oceanarium
When to visit Mount DesertWondering when's the best time to visit? Here are seasonal norms to help you plan your trip:
Seasonal temperature averages
- • January-March: 47°F day, 11°F night
- • April-June: 80°F day, 30°F night
- • July-September: 82°F day, 46°F night
- • October-December: 64°F day, 16°F night
- • January-March: 0.5 inches
- • April-June: 0.5 inches
- • July-September: 0.4 inches
- • October-December: 0.6 inches